- LetsSingIt Music Player
- play all songs
- 14, 0 of your friends
add to favorites
- Example news (4)
Example 'Live Life Living' Album Review 08-07-2014 | 0 comments Example, aka Elliot Greave, may be a pop sensation in the UK, with two Number One hits and thousands of album sales to his name, but he remains an unusual star. So far, he has transitioned from MC to ... read more » Example - Playing in the Shadows Review 06-11-2011 | 0 comments A couple of months ago, just as his single Changed the Way You Kiss Me reached the top of the charts, Elliot "Example" Gleave gave the Guardian an interview. Earlier in his career, such an interview might... read more » Example - Won't Go Quietly Review 06-09-2010 | 0 comments Apparently, when west London rapper Example, aka Elliot Gleave, was 10 years old he won a national poetry competition. Listening to From Space, the opening track on his second album, it's hard to see ... read more »
|Most popular Example albums (see all 6 albums)|
|1||Playing In The Shadows ||3,025|
|2||Won't Go Quietly ||5,477|
|3||Live Life Living ||-|
|4||Live Life Living [Deluxe Edition] ||-|
|5||The Evolution Of Man ||-|
|6||What We Made ||-|
Example is a rapper from Fulham, West London in the United Kingdom. Formerly signed to The Beats label run by Mike Skinner (The Streets)
Example's birth name is Elliot Gleave. According to the Kickstarts Songfacts, Gleave's performing name goes back to his schooldays when he was rapping in the playground and some guy nicknamed him Example from his initials EG.
- His first album, a mix-tape called "We Didn't Invent The Remix" Feb 2007 feature's samples from a diverse mixture of artists including Lily Allen, The Rolling Stones, José González & also
- Britney Spears on the Infamous Toxic Breath.
- He followed that in Sept 2007 with his official debut album, (released on The Beats) called "What We Made" produced by Rusher. which was received well by the British public.
- prior to The Beats disbanding.
- He then went on to release "What We Almost Made" May 2008 on All The Chats, which was a mixture of songs that didn't make it onto "What We Made" & new ones.
- After the release of "WWAM" Example took a fresh direction in style, and became very versatile and can cross over into several genres with ease.
- Towards the end of 2008, saw Example work with the likes of Don Diablo experimenting with Electro dance music.
- 2009 was an exciting year for Example, releasing the absolutely free mix tape "The Credit Munch (and Redux package) in February, supporting Calvin Harris on his UK and headlining his own Wonky Pop tour with Flamboyant Bella
- Which brings us nicely to "Hooligans" Example co single with Don Diablo, which blurs dancefloors with moshpits into one. released on 29/06/2009 is sure to be his biggest hit to date, getting regular plays on Radio 1, and by DJ's up & down the country.
- The Launch Party for "Hooligans" saw Zane Lowe who has championed Example on his Radio 1 show, support with a DJ set.
- His next Single after Hooligans, was called "Watch The Sun Come Up" which is came out in September and made its way into the Top 20.
- His next single was called "Won't Go Quietly", which was released on 17th January 2010.
|Simian Mobile Disco|
|Kids Of 88|
|30-01-2013 19:07 camillaheha|
@ Queen Of Your Dreams
|21-08-2012 09:23 Faybes|
@ Sick Note
Some of the words are wrong
the line..'you masquerade like you're CUTE and dead sweet'... not human
the line...tonight my double bed AINT FOR RESTING... not arresting lol...that just doesnt make any sense...
|07-04-2012 15:12 camillaheha|
Cute song *-*
|16-12-2011 16:28 ken_chosen1|
@ Midnight Run
posted some edits for review as these lyrics are slightly wrong. anyone else reading them can probably spot them
|26-11-2011 14:44 DoubleDucky|
@ Midnight Run
|24-11-2011 17:57 camillaheha|
@ Lying To Yourself
I love this song so much!!!
|24-11-2011 17:55 camillaheha|
I love you, Example! Keep up the good work!
|04-11-2011 11:58 purushothamn51|
@ Stay Awake
Really makes me dance nice song
|28-10-2011 09:10 camillaheha|
@ Shot Yourself in the Foot Again
I love this one *-* Keep up the good work Example ! I love him
|05-10-2011 11:14 idanosh6|
@ Stay Awake